5 on 5: July – Roaaaad Trip!
It’s that time of year again. I think this time last year I was in about the same situation I am in now – brain filled with a road trip and a summer already lost to a whirlwind of good times and adventure. In 8 days I meet with the rest of my team of the Dixie Chickens Bus just before we embark on a 10,000 mile journey which will see us wind our way across Europe, into Russia and onward to Mongolia.
There’s still time to be a part of our journey on our campaign, and follow our updates on Facebook!
In the meantime, some perfect travellin’ music.
1. Dave Matthews is on tour again this summer, with set lists indicating signs of Ants Marching, Big-Eyed Fish, and other gems from the Lillywhite Sessions, it will be a tour not to miss!
2. We really can’t say enough about Whinnie Williams. And truly, the power of social media. We discovered her via a link share from a friend. Whinnie has just come out of filming another video, and will be playing at various UK venues over the summer – check her out!
3. Jack White. I’m figuring this song will play in the background of the mind on a windy road at 4am, cyrillic signs passing like a stream in the darkness…
4. A pretty legendary moustache in Local Natives.
5. Sometimes you have to go backwards to find the right direction. Let’s face it, the 80s had it nailed.